This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Publishing test results using Test Steps Editor

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Hi,

I just uplaoded the new version of Test Steps Editor and am excited about the new outcome colomn. I have attempted to publish test runs into Test Manager with mixed results.  It will publish fine with one test run and not another although I am repeating the same procedure.  Can you tell me the correct procedure for publishing results?  I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you!

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Can you please describe your symptom in some more detail? When the publish does not work, do you get any error messages?

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I don't get an error message. What happens is I save current results then I publish to TFS and select the appropriate suite.  I have also attempted to save to Zip before publishing and get an error message at that point, but if I skip this step there are no error messages.   It states "publish complete" in the lower right hand corner.  I then refresh Test manager and sometimes the test run appears and sometimes not.  I wish that there were more details I could give you.

Thanks for your help

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I would like to send you a debug build that includes some logging - would you be willing to try your scenario again and email me the log file?

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM, sthernan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I don't get an error message. What happens is I save current results then I publish to TFS and select the appropriate suite. I have also attempted to save to Zip before publishing and get an error message at that point, but if I skip this step there are no error messages. It states "publish complete" in the lower right hand corner. I then refresh Test manager and sometimes the test run appears and sometimes not. I wish that there were more details I could give you.

Thanks for your help

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (teststepseditor@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email teststepseditor@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Sure

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2012 at 12:19 AM
OK, I will send something to you tomorrow. In the meantime, if you can figure out anything different between a publish that works versus one that doesn't, that would be very helpful.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM, sthernan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sure

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (teststepseditor@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email teststepseditor@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Hi. Sorry it took longer than expected. Please download Release 2.0.1 and reproduce the error. It will give you an option to send an error report, which will forward your log file to my error logging server. You can also email me a copy of the log file which is located under %localappdata%\TestStepsEditor\Log.txt.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM, sthernan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sure