This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Could not load previous TFS Connection

Mar 18, 2011 at 3:30 PM

We have one tester who can't open the tool and gets this error : "Could not load previous TFS Connection".  I believe if I can find the file where the last connection is cached and delete it, I should be able to clear this up for this tester.  Does anyone know where this is located?

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 6:35 PM
Edited Mar 18, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Hi kfkyle,

The "Could not load previous TFS Connection" error will appear at startup if the previously-connected TFS cannot be reached. It should not, however, cause the program to exit. You should be able to click the Change Server button in the upper-right to choose a different connection.

If you are getting an unhandled exception and the application is exiting, could you please provide the stack trace from the exception window?

If all else fails, the user preferences are stored under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lonza\TestEditor. You can delete this key and the application will not try to restore the previous connection at startup.

Mar 18, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Thanks for the quick response.  Here is the stack trace.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

at System.Int32.Parse(String s)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at TestStepsEditor.ServerSettings.LoadMruFromRegistry(RegistryKey key)

at TestStepsEditor.ServerSettings.LoadProjectSelectionFromUser()

at TestStepsEditor.MainForm.ChangeProjectButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Thanks.

What is the value of the WorkItemIdMRU entry in the HKCU\Software\Lonza\TestEditor key?

Mar 18, 2011 at 7:17 PM

It was empty.  I had him delete the TestEditor key and this cleared the problem up for him.    Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Bad parsing code. Thank you for the details. I will be publishing a bugfix release in the next couple of days.

Mar 18, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Very nice job with this tool.   We've only been using it for a few hours and people VERY pleased with it.