Lightweight editor for Visual Studio Microsoft Test Manager 2010 test case steps. Break the shackles of MTM! Features include tabbed interface for editing multiple tests, random string generator, search/replace, copy/paste, and now results publishing
! Supports editing of test cases with shared steps, and shared steps themselves.
Originally conceived to enable editing of actions / expected results with multi-line text. Press Shift + Enter to insert a break.Get Release 2.0.1 with result publishing here: TestStepsEditor_201.zipThe TFS Test Steps Editor requires the TFS 2010 SP1 client object model, available here: Visual Studio Gallery
(Fixes "could not load file or assembly" exceptions when only VS2012 is installed)
Thanks to JetBrains
|The best C# & VB.NET refactoring plugin for Visual Studio|
18 November 2012 - Release 2.0.1 - Stable
- Logging and error reporting
28 July 2012 - Release 2.0.0 Beta - Now with the ability to publish results!
- Use the Results menu to enable Results Mode.
- Set the outcome in the far-right column.
- Capture screenshots for each step using the bottom pane.
- Results > Publish to TFS will prompt for a Suite to publish into. A result for the test will be published with screenshots attached to each action. Overall result is Pass if all outcomes are Pass, otherwise Fail.
- Results > Save to ZIP / Load from ZIP allows you to partially complete a test on one machine and then continue on another.
- All results activity is instantly saved to %localappdata%\TestStepsEditor\TeamProject\WorkItemId. Never lose a result again! Exit at any time, re-start TestStepsEditor and reload the same test to resume right where you left off.
27 September 2011 - Release 1.6.1
- More step operations in the grid context menu
- Smarter Copy/Paste
- User preferences save/load bug when TFS is unreachable
- Crashes when certain toolbar buttons are clicked with no test case loaded
30 June 2011 - Release 1.6.0
- User preferences save/load bugs
- Many small UI and consistency issues
14 March 2011 - Release 1.5.0
- Tabbed interface
- Search and replace
- Copy/Paste entire rows and cells with CtrlC/CtrlV or context menu
- Toggle Aways on Top via system menu (under titlebar icon)
- Steps are numbered
18 November 2010 - Release 1.0.1
First stable release. Now supports shared steps.