Primary development is now taking place on
The Codeplex repository may lag but new releases will still be delivered here.
Lightweight editor for Visual Studio Microsoft Test Manager 2010 test case steps. Break the shackles of MTM! Features include tabbed interface for editing multiple tests, random string generator, search/replace, copy/paste,
, and a new work item query / test case picker
! Supports editing of test cases with shared steps, and shared steps themselves.
Originally conceived to enable editing of actions / expected results with multi-line text. Press Shift + Enter to insert a break.
Get Release 2.1.0 for TFS2012 with work item query / test case picker here:
Get Release 2.1.0 for TFS2010 with work item query / test case picker here:
Thanks to JetBrains
||The best C# & VB.NET refactoring plugin for Visual Studio
03 Sepetmber 2013 - Release 2.1.0
- Work Item Query / Test Case picker courtesy of
18 November 2012 - Release 2.0.1
- Logging and error reporting
28 July 2012 - Release 2.0.0 - Now with the ability to publish results!
- Use the Results menu to enable Results Mode.
- Set the outcome in the far-right column.
- Capture screenshots for each step using the bottom pane.
- Results > Publish to TFS will prompt for a Suite to publish into. A result for the test will be published with screenshots attached to each action. Overall result is Pass if all outcomes are Pass, otherwise Fail.
- Results > Save to ZIP / Load from ZIP allows you to partially complete a test on one machine and then continue on another.
- All results activity is instantly saved to %localappdata%\TestStepsEditor\TeamProject\WorkItemId. Never lose a result again! Exit at any time, re-start TestStepsEditor and reload the same test to resume right where you left off.
27 September 2011 - Release 1.6.1
- More step operations in the grid context menu
- Smarter Copy/Paste
- User preferences save/load bug when TFS is unreachable
- Crashes when certain toolbar buttons are clicked with no test case loaded
30 June 2011 - Release 1.6.0
- User preferences save/load bugs
- Many small UI and consistency issues
14 March 2011 - Release 1.5.0
- Tabbed interface
- Search and replace
- Copy/Paste entire rows and cells with CtrlC/CtrlV or context menu
- Toggle Aways on Top via system menu (under titlebar icon)
- Steps are numbered
18 November 2010 - Release 1.0.1
First stable release. Now supports shared steps.